The Health, Equity, and Anti Racism Team (HEART) is a sub committee of the Community Relations Committee
Meetings: Every other Tuesday at 6:00 -7:00 pm. You must be a member to participate. RSVP to get the zoom link.
History: Heart was formed in June 2020, to support the Black Lives Matter movement and to address the health inequities and social determinants of health that became ever more prevalent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Purpose/mission of the group:
- Utilize our roles as health care providers to influence community members as well as APTA DC members
- Work towards addressing these issues as a larger body – APTA DC
- Partnering with community organizations to further our goals of health equity
- Work towards these goals with an anti-racism lens
- Woodruff Lecture Offers Paths to Improve Diversity: The inaugural lecture stresses the need for action now through changes to education, research, and practice.
- Practicing What We Preach: Rethinking Acceptance into DPT Programs
- Study: ‘Academic Capitalism,’ Lack of Faculty of Color Is a Challenge for Diversity in DPT Programs
Get Involved and sign up for the committee and to receive HEART specific emails.