You must be an APTA Member to enter this section of the website. If you’re not an APTA member, please Join Us! DCPTA members who are unable to login, please contact DCPTA at email@example.com. If you cannot log in, your account may need to be activated.
Benefits of Belonging
- Promoting federal and state legislation to give patients and clients direct access to physical therapists without a referral.
- Preserving the scope of physical therapists’ practice against efforts to restrict or eliminate your ability to practice.
- Prevented a scheduled 10.6% reduction in payments under the Medicare physician fee schedule for 2008 and preventing an additional 5.0% cut for 2009.
- Access to DCPTA’s and APTA’s job board
- Ability to market yourself through Find a PT
- Discount on job postings through DCPTA’s Career Center
- Save 20% on all Continuing Education hosted by the Chapter
- Save 10% on all EDUCATA on line education courses
- More than 1,690 hours of continuing education at a reduced rate via APTA’s Annual Conference, the Combined Sections Meeting, Preview 2020, APTA Learning Center, Advanced Clinical Practice courses, and a host of workshops and seminars on such topics as Reimbursement and Coding, Fraud and Abuse, and Fitness and Wellness Consultation.
Find Answers to Your PT Questions
- Physical Therapy, PT Magazine, the Chapter newsletter The DC Stimulator ($170 value; FREE to members)
- PTA’s Consulting Service that links members with qualified consultants who can provide personalized guidance
- 24-hour access to information via www.apta.org
- 24 hour access to the chapter’s and national’s member directory
Reimbursement and Regulation
- Updates on payment and policy issues
- Links to major payers in DC (including United HealthCare, BCBS, CMS, Work Comp regulations etc.
- Link to APTA Payment Policy Pages for Private Payers, Medicare, Medicaid