The Senora Simpson Service Award
To recognize and honor an individual who has demonstrated outstanding service to APTA DC and the profession of physical therapy in the area(s) of patient care, supervision, administration, education, and/or research.
This award was established in honor of Senora Simpson, PT, DrPH, for her outstanding contribution to the field of physical therapy.
- Current APTA DC PT/PTA Member.
- Has participated and been a dominant force in activities that have significantly affected the growth and development of APTA DC.
- Has positively and substantially affected the shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice in the District of Columbia.
- Has had an impact on other physical therapy professionals in a manner that has significantly increased their abilities to practice physical therapy.
2023 Sabrina Altema, PT, DPT, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
2022 Karen Goodman, PT, DPT
2019 Katherine Larson, PT, DPT
2018 Laura Cohen, PT, PhD
2017 Jason Dring, PT, DPT
2016 Jeff Robinson, PT
2014 Alison Lichy, PT, DPT
2013 Carole Lewis, PT, DPT, MPH, PhD, FAPTA
2008 Gloria Rogers, PT, DPT
2007 Senora Simpson, PT, DrPH
Rising Star Student Award
To acknowledge outstanding physical therapy students who exhibit superior potential for future contribution to APTA DC and/or the profession.
A $150 scholarship is given to two students annually with this award.
- Current APTA DC Student or Corresponding Student Member.
- Past service to APTA DC and/or APTA.
- Evidence of potential future contribution to physical therapy.
Do you know someone who should be recognized for their leadership, dedication and triumphs in physical therapy?
Awardees will be recognized during the APTA DC Business Meeting at the Fall Conference on November 4.
Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1.
Letters of nomination, addressing award criteria, should include:
- Name of Nominee
- Name of Nominator
- Additional Letters of Recommendation (optional)
- Nominee’s CV (optional)