6 – Monthly HEART Meeting (1st Tuesday of each month)
4 – Monthly HEART Meeting (1st Tuesday of each month)
20 – APTADC Spring Meeting and Special Presentation on The Physical Therapy Compact in DC
17 – The DC Physical Therapy Practice Act
APTA DC Presents – A Deep Dive into DC: The DC Physical Therapy Practice Act, Advocating in the District, and DC Joining the Physical Therapy Compact
Join us the 3rd Thursdays throughout the year at 7:30 pm. The live events are free but there is a maximum attendance of 100 people. Please RSVP to secure your spot.
To receive CEUs for the series, you can purchase them on demand through our Seminar Web. Members save 50%.
- March 18 at 7:30PM – Understanding DC Government: How a Bill Becomes a Law. Understanding DC Government and how to be and Advocate for the Profession with the DC Council. Hear about the Chapter’s legislative priorities and how to get involved.
- May 20 at 7:30PM – Join us for our Spring Chapter Meeting and a Special Presentation on the Physical Therapy Compact and how it will work in DC.
- June 17 at 7:30PM – The DC Physical Therapy Practice Act & Jurisprudence – A deep dive into requirements and your license in DC. Understanding the statutes and regulations that govern the practice of physical therapy in the District of Columbia is part of licensure. As regulations change and new requirements are enacted, it is vital that licensees stay informed of the practice act and rules under which they are allowed to work.
Get to Know your Learning Center
Get all your annual CEUs at one low price – buy 2 courses; get the the rest for free! Explore more than 35 courses that are complimentary for APTA members.
In addition, members have free access to 150 CE modules from CINAHL Information Systems via EBSCO’s CINAHL Complete and Rehabilitation Reference Center.
COVID and Telehealth Courses
Please visit these catalogs often so that you can review the updates as they become available.
Want MORE CEU’s – FOR FREE??
APTA members have free access to an additional
150 CEU modules from CINAHL Information Systems via PTNow’s Rehabilitation Reference Center (RRC). Each module is 0.1 CEU and is aligned with a current clinical review on the same topic.
The Licensing entity for PTs and PTAs in DC is through the Department of Health. They no long approve CE. Instead, they will recognize and accept, for licensure renewals, continuing education seminars, workshops, or programs that have been approved by the following entities:
1. The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA);
2. The Federation of State Board of Physical Therapy (FSBPT)- ProCert;
3. The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.;
4. A health care facility accredited by the Joint Commission;
5. A college or university approved by an accrediting body recognized by the Council on Postsecondary
Accreditation or the Secretary of the United States Department of Education; or
6. Any of the following organizations if the training is substantially related to physical therapy services:
a. The American Medical Association under Physician Category I; and
b. The American Nurses Association.