APTA DC Calendar
APTA DC Presents – A Deep Dive into DC: The DC Physical Therapy Practice Act, Advocating in the District, and DC Joining the Physical Therapy Compact
- March 1: A Facebook Live Event
- March 18: Understanding DC Government and how to be and Advocate for the Profession with the DC Council. Hear about the Chapter’s legislative priorities and how to get involved.
- April 15: The DC Practice Act & Jurisprudence – A deep dive into requirements and your license in DC. Understanding the statutes and regulations that govern the practice of physical therapy in the District of Columbia is part of licensure. As regulations change and new requirements are enacted, it is vital that licensees stay informed of the practice act and rules under which they are allowed to work.
- May 20: Learn about the Physical Therapy Compact and how it will work in DC.
More Details Coming Soon
Help APTA DC Celebrate the Centennial of our Association!
- Washington DC is one of the most diverse APTA chapters in the USA. Diversity has been a central issue for our chapter for decades. Help us share “What aspect of diversity you bring to the profession of physical therapy.” Learn how you can be a part of our celebration
Special events will be held over the course of 2021 to engage our community, celebrate our association’s centennial, and launch into our next 100 years.
Additional events and details will be added as available, but here are some dates to save:
APTA Founders’ Day Celebration
Jan. 15, 2021 – 8 p.m. ET
Join us as we celebrate our 100th birthday with a free livestream event on APTA’s social media channels.
APTA Founders’ Day Weekend Lectures
Jan. 16-17, 2021
This special weekend of programming will include the 51st Mary McMillan lecture by Stuart Binder-Macleod, PT, PhD, FAPTA.
This event will be $99, or free to registrants of the 2021 Combined Sections Meeting. Registration to open in late November.
Additional details to be announced.
Get to Know your Learning Center
Get all your annual CEUs at one low price – buy 2 courses; get the the rest for free! Explore more than 35 courses that are complimentary for APTA members.
In addition, members have free access to 150 CE modules from CINAHL Information Systems via EBSCO’s CINAHL Complete and Rehabilitation Reference Center.
COVID and Telehealth Courses
Please visit these catalogs often so that you can review the updates as they become available.
Want MORE CEU’s – FOR FREE??
APTA members have free access to an additional
150 CEU modules from CINAHL Information Systems via PTNow’s Rehabilitation Reference Center (RRC). Each module is 0.1 CEU and is aligned with a current clinical review on the same topic.
The Licensing entity for PTs and PTAs in DC is through the Department of Health. They no long approve CE. Instead, they will recognize and accept, for licensure renewals, continuing education seminars, workshops, or programs that have been approved by the following entities:
1. The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA);
2. The Federation of State Board of Physical Therapy (FSBPT)- ProCert;
3. The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.;
4. A health care facility accredited by the Joint Commission;
5. A college or university approved by an accrediting body recognized by the Council on Postsecondary
Accreditation or the Secretary of the United States Department of Education; or
6. Any of the following organizations if the training is substantially related to physical therapy services:
a. The American Medical Association under Physician Category I; and
b. The American Nurses Association.