Physical Therapy Licensing is done through the
DC Department of Health – Board of Physical Therapy
Term of License
All licenses expire at 12:00 (midnight) of January 31st of each odd-numbered year.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:15 am to 4:30 pm
Board Meetings: Monthly on the second Wednesday.
To qualify for the renewal of a license, an applicant shall have completed forty (40) hours of approved continuing education during the two (2) years’ period preceding the date the license expires, which shall include:
- No more than twenty (20) hours of approved continuing education credits earned through internet courses
- Ten percent (10%) of the total required continuing education shall be in the subjects determined by the Director as public health priorities of the District, which shall be duly published every five (5) years or as deemed appropriate;
- Two (2) hours of LGBTQ continuing education
- NPTE Score Transfer
- NPTE/NPTAE Examination Registration
- Jurisprudence Examination Registration
- Criminal Background Check